Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 27th, 2012

Today, I picked up Mayor Rinderle, and we drove out to Three Springs, where we had a meeting about 'Fresh Check,' a event that is being planned for college students (but also maybe high school and middle school students) to help prevent suicide.  It is a big problem, and a family that lost a child to this started a foundation to help freshmen in college not commit suicide, and to create a support system for them, and let them know that their community is there for them.  Then, the foundation is putting on a 'Fresh Check' day, which is going to be an event occuring in the fall, where students can come and learn about the rescources available to them.  I am hopin that I will be able to help out in the planning of this event, as I think that it is a good cause, and it seems somewhat similar to the expo, so I may be more helpful.  Then I went to a operations committee meeting, which actually ended up being pretty short, but we got a lot done - the whole thing is getting worked out, and the map is looking pretty solid, although we still need to get permission from a few parking lots.  Then, I went to a Gala committee meeting, where we talked about the possible prices of tickets, the different levels, and the number of people who would be attending.  Later, I will go to the City Council Study Session and the Mayor's Youth Advisory Commission meeting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment