Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13th, 2012

Today was my second day interning for the mayor of Durango.  The first meeting I had to go to was bright and early at 7:30 in the morning.  It was for the La Plata County Economic Alliance, and I attended it with the mayor.  In this meeting, there were reports from all of thee sub-committees and from citizens, and from representative groups about the state of the city currently, financially and growth-wise.  After that, I went on a conference call about the Pro Cycling Challenge Gala, and learned about all the aspects surrounding that event, and the logistic of the tent and how many people are going to be there, and how many tents there needs to be and all of the things relating to this.  Later on today, I will be going to another meeting about the Pro Cycling Challenge Gala at the Sorrel Sky gallery, going over even more of the details of it.  After that, I will go to a City Council Study Session with the Mayor, after which I will go to the Mayor's Youth Advisory Commission meeting.  Today I also began my work on coming up with the schedule for the actual days of the event.  We got them all formatted, and a few dates even put in.  Once I finish this, I will put the information on a areal map of the college, so that people can see what is going on at what times and what days and where in an easy format.  Tomorrow, I hope to finish filling out the chart, or at least collect all the information for that chart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment