Monday, March 12, 2012

March 12th, 2012

Today was the first day of my internship with Mayor Christina Rinderle.  The first thing that I did was go to a meeting about the USA Pro Cycling Challenge route and the role of the state patrol in the event.  I was going in the mayor's place, because she had a different meeting to attend.  Then, I attended a meeting with Sherri Dugdale, one of the co-chairs of the LOC commission about some of the things that they were going to discuss at the next LOC meeting with all of the chairs from the subcommittees.  The next meeting I attended was with Christina Rinderle and Ron LeBlanc, the city manager, where they talked about what had happened in the last week, and what they need to get done and announce.  The time put me at lunch, and so I ate.  After that, I began working on my project, compiling the deadlines from all the sub-committees and putting them in a cohesive master timeline.  I was working with excel, but I was having some trouble with getting it to cooperate, so I had to rework what I was trying to do with it.  I now have a list that is on its way to being complete, and it is in chronological order, and color coded.  Later on, I hope to continue to find out more about the challenge by looking around in the drop-box, and I hope to get started researching the banner and bracket prices and the sponsor countries so that I can know which flags we want to have represented at the athlete's village. 

No comments:

Post a Comment