Thursday, March 29, 2012

March 29th, 2012

Today was my last day of interning for the Mayor of Durango, Christina Rinderle!  The majority of what I did today was just put some finishing touches on some of the things that I did here, and compile all of the other things that I plan on exhibiting at the exhibition tomorrow.  This I mostly did at the Mayor's office.  In the afternoon, I headed over to Sherri's office to wrap stuff up there.  I also worked on compiling some stuff for the Mayor's Youth Advisory Commission about the Youth Expo that I will need for next year's planning.  Then, later on in the evening, I went to an event with Christina at the Durango Discovery Museum for the La Plata County Economic Development Alliance.  It was a kind of reception for the new logo that they made, that will be a kind of branding for Durango - something that local businesses will put on their products when they export them, so that everyone knows that they are from Durango.  And when they start to see that around the country, and then when they see it in Durango, they will make that connection.  So tomorrow is the exhibition for the internship, which marks the ending of a fantastic three weeks that I wish could continue on.  I will be having a celebratory lunch with Mayor Rinderle after the exhibition tomorrow, which will mark the true close of my internship, but this will be my last post, so this is the intern for the Mayor of Durango, saying goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment