Thursday, March 22, 2012

March 22nd, 2012

Today, Mayor Rinderle and I went to Manna Soup Kitchen to help cook for the lunch service.  I had never been to Manna before, and it was a really great experience.  We filled pies, decorated them with whipped cream, and made mashed potatoes.  Then, during the service, we served all the pies.  There were a lot of people there volunteering in the kitchen, and it was great to help out the community like that, and I hope to do it again sometime in the future - maybe this summer.  After that, Christina needed to go and meet with some clients, so I went back to my parents' store to work some more on other things relating to my internship.  My dad and I also began planning our next trip to tour more colleges.  Currently, I am waiting on some feedback from the LOC co-chairs about my monthly update template in order to complete that part of my project, and I am waiting on more information on dates and deadlines from all of the sub-committees to complete my master calendar for the week of and the deadline calendar.  Tomorrow is the site visit from the race people, which is very important.  I am looking forward to it, and I think that a lot of our questions about many different things will be resolved.  I am hoping that by the end of the week I will be able to have my template completed and sent out to everyone, and the calendar further along than it was before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment